Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Halloween is Around the Corner, Let’s Start Creating!!


This image and the creation are not mine they belong to Stolloween.com
 HALLOWEEN!!!!1 Its not long now, the air will begin to change, crows start crying, and the smell of autumn will be in the air. This is my favorite time of the year. I love getting the old clothes out to build my scare crow and stressing and looking every where to get hay or straw. All the time loving every minute of it!

I want to share some of the things I research for Halloween and I hope you find some of these useful as you get ready for the Halloween season.

Property of Stolloween.com
First my favorite site to look at is Stolloween.com. He has the most amazing creatures I have ever seen. He has workshops and if I lived near there I would go in a heartbeat! Sadly it is tooooo far away. But as a consolation he has tutorials on his site and also gives the clay /past/paper Mache recipe he uses to make these creatures. So if you feel adventures you can give a hand at trying to make some things yourself. I have learned that nothing turns out the way you plan when creating or maybe it's just me lol. Just don't get discouraged and have fun creating something. If sculpting is not for you Stolloween also has an Etsy shop you can purchase his creations from. Just go to http://www.etsy.com/shop/stolloween?ref=em
Property of Stolloween.com
Here is a link to his recipe.
http://stolloween.blogspot.com/2008/08/paste-and-clay-recipe.html

Paper Mache Clay
Image belongs to the ultimate paper mache clay site 





For another type of paper clay Mache recipe

Visit this site .This is not a Halloween site but the clay she uses works great. I have made this clay to play with and it is fairly inexpensive to make.

Here is the link to this recipe
http://ultimatepapermache.com/paper-mache-clay





About.com also has a lot of clay recipes and one caught my eye. Dryer lint clay pulp?!  I will be trying that one soon to see if it is good clay and a good way to recycle. I love cheep and if this turns out well it would be the cheapest I have ever tried so far! Here is the link and if you scroll down you will see a blue link on their page for other recipes .They have a lot so spend some time and explore these .

http://familycrafts.about.com/od/papermache/a/lintpmpulp.htm Now let's move on to creating your own Halloween props at home. I always have more fun when I have made something that looks great. There are limitlessness possibilities out there for creating spooky fun!
Here is a link to a great tutorial for small skulls.

http://www.polymerclaycentral.com/castle/dinkoskull.html


It is easy to follow and I have created these. My idea is to make a lot of them and place them in a jar, fill with colored water to create a creepy skull filled prop. To do that you have to use clay you bake. If you use other kinds they will fall apart in the water! ANOTHER IDEA IS TO STRING THEN UP ON LIGHTS OR MAKE A STRING of skulls to place across a door way. Place some in a spider web with a spider crawling toward it. The possibilities are endless! 
Ghoul Friday Tree sculpt 1
image belongs to My Ghoul Friday
My ghoul Friday has some great looking how to on them. That is where I found the link to the skull from above. From popcorn bloody fingers to a Halloween tree that I will be trying soon just check them out an start creating http://www.ghoulfriday.com/

  
That’s it for this post but I will be adding my own creation and tutorials here soon so keep checking every now and then .You might find something that interest you and if I have helped inspire you to create some Halloween fun then I am happy as can be 1

No comments:

Post a Comment